Log inLog in    RegisterRegister       SearchSearch    ProfileProfile    ContactContact    FAQFAQ    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages

Navigation (waypoints)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TheAirlinePilots.com Forum Index -> Crew Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hamza

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:16 pm    Post subject: Navigation (waypoints) Reply with quote

Hello,
I have just started cpl and I am in initial phase of ground studies. few days ago I had a discussion regarding waypoint with one of my classmate.

My question is that "can a waypoint be called a destination?"

I read it in Wikipedia and I my self think that "it can be". I mean when specifically talking about navigation between two points , one is a starting point and the other is end or destination point plus Wikipedia also says "waypoint can be a destination"

So, if any one can give me an explanation on it would be highly appreciated!
[/img]
shprice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:42 pm    Post subject: Navigation (waypoints) Reply with quote

In terms of flying in an aircraft and setting an FMGS you would usually only insert a waypoint as a fly-by or a fly-over.
Calling it a destination seems a bit strong as you are not stopping there or landing there. All depends how you want to define it but personally I wouldn't call it a destination.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TheAirlinePilots.com Forum Index -> Crew Lounge All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: