Log inLog in    RegisterRegister       SearchSearch    ProfileProfile    ContactContact    FAQFAQ    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages

Category II/III

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TheAirlinePilots.com Forum Index -> Crew Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ron737

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:27 am    Post subject: Category II/III Reply with quote

Hi,
If the ATIS says "CAT II in progress", am I allowed to perform CAT IIIA approach? Am I allowed to descend to CAT IIIA minima? Is there a difference between the preparations of the airport for CAT II and for CAT IIIA?
I should add that:
1. On the chart of the approach there are minimas for CAT II and for CAT IIIA.
2. The crew and the a/c are authorized for CAT IIIA opearations.
3. The flight is conducted under FAR 121.
Thanks.
K.Haroon
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:19 am    Post subject: Cat 3 Airport Reply with quote

hi, as far as I know if the airport is not CAT 3 certified then you cannot carry out a CAT 3 approach even if the crew and aircraft are certified for a CAT 3 approach.

If an airport is CAT 3 certified and the ATIS says CAT 2 in progress then may be at that time the CAT 3 equipment is not functioning properly.
ron737

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I think the same.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TheAirlinePilots.com Forum Index -> Crew Lounge All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: