Log inLog in    RegisterRegister       SearchSearch    ProfileProfile    ContactContact    FAQFAQ    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages

B737 Wing Thermal Anti Ice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TheAirlinePilots.com Forum Index -> Crew Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tiebo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:05 pm    Post subject: B737 Wing Thermal Anti Ice Reply with quote

Hey guys,

maybe you can help me. The wing thermal anti ice system of the B737 is equipped with an overheat protection on ground. The thermal valve closes when reaching a temperature of 125C. I'm wondering how long it takes until the protection triggers. It must be real quick as there is no wind cooling the leading edges of the wings.

My second question is about the indication LEDs. When the protection triggers, the switch and valve postions disagree. Thus the light goes from dimmed to bright. As the wing starts to cool down when the valve closes, it open again as the temperature falls below 125C. When the valve is open again the switch positions agree and the LED is dimmed again. I'd like to know how the frequency of this process is. Is it that fast the LED starts to flicker? Or does the valve remain closed until a certain temperature is reached (maybe 120C)?

In advance: Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards,
Tobi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TheAirlinePilots.com Forum Index -> Crew Lounge All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: