Log inLog in    RegisterRegister       SearchSearch    ProfileProfile    ContactContact    FAQFAQ    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages

SCUBA diving after Flying

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TheAirlinePilots.com Forum Index -> Aeromedical Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K.Haroon
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:07 am    Post subject: SCUBA diving after Flying Reply with quote

I did'nt find any recommendations or details about this issue when I got my PADI certification, however while discussing this issue with an experienced diving instructor who also replies to queries sent to scubadiverinfo.com I got the following reply:

" Hmmm ... Personally ... I've been diving within a couple of hours after flying on numerous occasions. I don't know that there are any guidelines about that. As far as I know NAUI doesn't have any. The biggest concern is to stay well hydrated and drink lots of water.

My unofficial answer differs, though. As a PADI Altitude diver, for every 1000 feet you ascend your PADI pressure groups increase by two. It's my understanding that commercial airlines pressurize their cabins to 8000 feet ... Please, correct me if I'm wrong ... So, when using this theory, when you land you're a P diver. If you note the time you land and consider your surface interval time, then your pressure group decreases accordingly. "
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TheAirlinePilots.com Forum Index -> Aeromedical Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: