Log inLog in    RegisterRegister       SearchSearch    ProfileProfile    ContactContact    FAQFAQ    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages

Boeing checklists - requirement for confirmation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TheAirlinePilots.com Forum Index -> Crew Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Blowfly

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:17 am    Post subject: Boeing checklists - requirement for confirmation Reply with quote

I am wondering if any one knows why some checklists require both pilots to confirm a switch (such as the A/T in the Eng oil press l/r checklist) whereas others (Anti ice Eng leak l/r) doesn't?. Checklist Instructions in the QRH state that anytime certain switches are moved,confirmation is required.
K.Haroon
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As per the QRH, confirmation is definitely required. Perhaps the oil pressure case is more serious as it is followed by fuel control cut off therefore the confirmation step is emphasized as an additional step whereas the anti ice case seems to be less severe as it is not followed by fuel control cut off and the engine is run at idle so may be the confirmation step (which is otherwise required) is not emphasized as an additional step.

This is my guess work, I don't know the real logic. May be they'll add the step if you suggest them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TheAirlinePilots.com Forum Index -> Crew Lounge All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: