Log inLog in    RegisterRegister       SearchSearch    ProfileProfile    ContactContact    FAQFAQ    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages

HAT and HAA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TheAirlinePilots.com Forum Index -> Crew Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hawk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:55 am    Post subject: HAT and HAA Reply with quote

In ref to HAT (height above touchdown) and HAA (height above airport), when would you see one in lieu of the other? The only thing I can come up with is an HAA is published for a circling approach where there is no TDZE for the approach. Is this correct? I can't find it published anywhere (FAR, AIM, Jepps), that is just some deductive reasoning on my part. Thanks for the help.
K.Haroon
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: HAA and HAT Reply with quote

Jeppesen Route Manual does mention about HAA and HAT in its Introduction Chapter. Check out the Chart Glossary on Page 6. HAA is the height of MDA (minimum descent altitude) above the published airport elevation and is published in conjunction with circling minimums. Whereas HAT is the height of DH (decision height) or MDA above the highest runway elevation in the touchdown zone of the runway. It is published on instrument approach charts in conjunction with all straight-in minimums.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TheAirlinePilots.com Forum Index -> Crew Lounge All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: