Joined: 11 Dec 2005
|Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:31 am Post subject: Insufficient Fuel Remaining (Enroute)
|INSUFFIECIENT FUEL REMAINING (ENROUTE)
Download as a PDF File
• Reduce Fuel Consumption for the remainder of the flight by:
- Flying at a more fuel Economical Speed.
- Flying at a more Economical Flight Level.
- Flying a more Direct Routing.
• Change the Alternate:
- Select an alternate airfield closer to the intended destination. The 100 NM limit (applicable at the pre-flight planning stage) does not apply in flight.
- Any airfield listed in the route manual maybe considered in this regard, provided that the weather conditions at ETA are forecast to be at or above the applicable landing minima at the airfield.
- If available and valid, a Trend forecast updates a TAF.
• Technical Landing:
- If none of the above actions are possible, an enroute technical stop for refueling should be made.