Joined: 11 Dec 2005
|Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:10 pm Post subject: FMC Alternate Airport and Diversion
| Alternate Page 1
• The source of alternate airports can be:
a) An uplink directly to this page
b) Automatic selection from the ALTN LIST page
c) Automatic selection from the navigation database
d) Manual entry (DELETE key can be used to remove the manual entry)
• The selected alternate is identified with an <A> or <SEL> to the right of the airport identifier.
• Manually selected alternate is identified with <SEL>.
• FMC selected alternate (based on earliest ETA) is identified with <A>.
• The selected alternate identifier displays in the line title of the DIVERT NOW prompt.
• Line 1R-4R: Displays the XXXX ALTN page for the alternate airport adjacent to the > prompt.
• ALTN INHIBIT: Airport entered here will not be one of the four alternate airports.
• DIVERT NOW: Makes an LNAV route modification for a divert to the selected alternate. It Displays the MOD XXXX ALTN page for the selected alternate.
Alternate Page 2
This page displays a list of alternate airports which are uplinked directly to this page. Manual entry is not allowed.
Alternates can be selected and displayed on ALTN page 1/2 when preferred uplinked airports do not use all four lines.
XXXX Alternate Page
VIA DIRECT TO
Selects DIRECT TO route option. All flight plan waypoints are deleted.
• With scratchpad empty, selects OFFSET route option
• With offset data in scratchpad (e.g. R5), enters offset data. Does not select offset option.
Entry and exit to the offset is the same as for the RTE page offset. Flight plan waypoints are retained.
• With scratchpad empty, selects OVERHEAD option
• With overhead data in scratchpad (e.g. ELN), enters overhead data. Does not select overhead route option.
The waypoints up to the selected or entered overhead waypoint are retained, then routing is direct to the alternate airport.
Same function as on ALTN 1/2 page. After a divert is executed, the XXXX ALTN page data is not updated until all CDUs change to a page other than the XXXX ALTN page.